Welcome Everyone!

Hello everyone!

My name is Brandon Sookhoo and I am full time student at York College (CUNY).  I am an English major with a literature emphasis and an Education minor.  Ever since, I was young I loved reading and writing.  If I remember correctly,  the first book I ever read was The Cat in Hat by Theodore Geisel (Dr. Seuss).  Since then, I became passionate about literature and savored every moment of it.  In addition, to reading literature I was very passionate about writing all sorts of essays but I found the most pleasure in writing for my literature and English courses.  I continue to enjoy it because it made me talk back, have my own thoughts, opinions, ideas, and interpretations of a literary text.  To me, I found this experience so exciting and worthwhile.  When I got to college, and became an English major I learned so many fascinating techniques in studying literature.  I have some wonderful professors and mentor figures who taught me how to study literature not just by reading or writing but APPLYING it to our world.  This eventually propelled me and motivated me to become a future college professor (still an undergraduate now!) but I know if I stay focus and on track nothing will stop me from achieving my dreams.  I want to thank all my English professors and the English Department at York College who all saw my potential as a student and continue to inspire me every single day I go to class because without you all I would not be where I am today if it was not for you.

Furthermore, I am a avid car enthusiast, producing music, improvisation acting, and enjoy watching a play or musical on Broadway because of the live factor where anything can happen.  Aside from that, I am interested in the field of Digital Humanities because of the recent projects.  A little fun fact about me that made me appreciate literature more is because of William Shakespeare.  I have a collection of his plays and sonnets in an anthology.

Lastly, I am an open-minded when it comes to networking with new people and always willing to challenge myself in learning new things.

Thank You

Brandon Sookhoo